Did you have a nice weekend celebrating Easter? I certainly did! Here in the Netherlands, the festivities aren't over yet. Easter Monday is also a public holiday in my country. For most people that means more eating, more family activities, cycling through the country etcetera. Not me though: I have to work today. But not before I share a new recipe with you.
And because I don't want to go cold turkey on you after all the chocolate indulging you probably did the last couple of days, there is still some cacao involved! But this time, it is actually good for you. There is no harm in making these raw brownies today and share them with your loved ones!
Raw detox brownies
|makes 9 - 12 brownies|
100g raw almonds
200g pitted fresh dates
30g raw cacao powder
1 tbsp good quality espresso powder
½ vanilla bean (seeds scraped from the inside)
½ tsp sea salt
1½ tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp grated coconut
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
How to make it:
1. Soak the almonds overnight in water, with a teaspoon of salt. Strain the following morning and dry with a clean tea towel.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended. It should form a ball.
3. Line a 20cm square baking pan with parchment paper and press the dough into the tin. Use the back of your hands to get an even layer.
4. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour before serving.
5. Cut the brownies in squares and dust with raw cacao for a finishing touch.